If you are interested in finding accommodation in private housing, the below external private websites may help you in your search.
Please be aware that Rennes is a university town, as such it can be difficult to find accommodation. It is therefore strongly advised to start your search as early as possible.
- Le bon coin (website in French)
- Ouest France immo (website in French)
- Guide d'information du Centre Régional d'Information Jeunesse (CRIJ) sur le logement (website in French)
- Student Mundial, a free and simple way to book accommodation for international and ERASMUS students
- Temporary housing (youth hostel): (website in French)
- Hébergement chez l’habitant : Rennes hébergement
- Petites annonces pour étudiants (website in French)
- Appart’City Rennes Beauregard
House flat-sharing and housing offers are available on billboards in the various university buildings. Have you already found private housing accommodations? Before moving in to the accommodation, here are a few things to keep in mind:
Roommates / Flat sharing
If you are thinking about sharing a rental apartment (or house) between several people, this section is for you. There are no special regulations/guidelines for sharing accommodations and practices may be different from one rental company to another.
Housing assistance subsidies may be available for those meeting the requirements of the Social Housing Allowance (ALS). Before making your request, to find out if you are able to obtain an ALS, you can check your situation on the website of the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales: www.caf.fr The request for ALS can be made via the Internet: www.caf.fr (obligatorily for all CROUS housing).