Rennes 2 University is carefully monitoring the current situation with regards to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. In view of the highly evolving nature of the COVID-19 epidemic, the university advises students and staff to stay up-to-date with the latest recommendations made by the Ministry for Solidarity and Health (MSS), which can be found on their website here.
The safety and well-being of our community is a priority. If you think that you may have been exposed, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, particularly if you are:
- experiencing a fever,
- and/or having difficulty breathing,
then please contact the French emergency medical services, the SAMU, by dialing 15 from within France. The MSS also advises that, in this case, you should avoid contact with people around you and wear a mask. Do not go directly to the doctor or to the hospital emergency room.
A toll-free number (0 800 130 000) has been set up by the MSS, open from 09:00 to 19:00, 7 days a week. This telephone centre is however not authorized to offer medical advice.
For specific medical advice from within France, please contact the French emergency medical services, the SAMU-Centres, by dialing 15.
The following tools and information are also at your disposal :
- The Rennes 2 Intranet page on the COVID-19: https://intranet.univ-rennes2.fr/presidence/info/nouvelles-recommandations-coronavirus
- The COVID-19 information website of the French government: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
- The travel advice of the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/conseils-par-pays-destination/
- The World Health Organization's FAQ page: https://www.who.int/fr/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019