Contenu sous forme de paragraphes
Supporting our Research and Doctoral Schools
The Research and Development Office - Direction de la recherche et valorisation (DRV)
The Research and Development Department is organized around four areas:
- The Doctoral Schools Unit handles registrations and administrative files of PhD students, and informs them about funding and mobility opportunities. It organizes training and awareness days to facilitate the pursuit of the professional path of PhD students while ensuring the application of the thesis charter.
- The Support for Research Units implements the Scientific Council's (SC) policy by promoting the structuring of research teams and networks. It helps drafting responses to calls for proposals and hears requests for financial support. It also interfaces with other institutional partners in research (ministries, local authorities, etc.).
- The Management of European Projects: supports and advises teacher-researchers in the various development phases of their European projects: in connection with the 2PE Platform, which provides support to project leaders in the upstream phase of the project cycle (information, project development and assistance in preparing project proposals in response to European calls for projects -Horizon 2020 and Erasmus+ as a priority- in collaboration with our research units.
- The Valorisation Division: the valorisation of research in France now officially incorporates three dimensions: economic, social and cultural. The relatively recent broadening of the concept of valorisation (beyond economic values), has paved the way for the inclusion of the fields of human and social sciences in examining created social value. The Innovation and Valorisation Commission at Rennes 2 is a body that develops the institution's research valorisation strategy and defines the means required for its implementation. It works to ensure that the benefits of research in the social sciences, humanities, literature and languages, but also sports science, are recognized at their fair value. The valorisation of research carried out at Rennes 2 is anchored in the economic, institutional and cultural landscape of Brittany, with a number of public and private partners taking part.
- Palimpseste: Our Office also helps to disseminate research work carried out at the university by publishing a digital and paper version of the magazine Palimpseste. Three times a year, this scientific and broad-based journal publishes a selection of articles on crucial societal issues.