The Central Library (located on the main Villejean campus) and a number of specialized libraries (Bibliotheques Universitaires) are open to everyone.
Click here for registration details.
The Central Library, called la Bibliothèque universitaire centrale, welcomes you six days a week, Monday to Saturday.
In addition to its general and multidisciplinary collections, the library offers a number of specialized collections, computer areas and an audio-visual room where you can access film and documentary archives from the INA and CNC. It also holds over 1,200 study spaces, including 12 group work rooms providing over 100 seated spaces (which can be reserved), as well as several spaces equipped with computer stations. The library is wheelchair accessible and elevators are at your disposition.
- BU Arts, Lettres, Communication (B222)
- BU Musique (0316)
- BU Sciences Humaines (S210)
- BU Sciences Sociales (B301)
- BU Sciences et techniques des activités physiques et sportives (La Harpe)
- Médiathèque (L130)
- Bibliothèque François-Lebrun - recherche en Histoire (N 201)
- Bibliothèque LAHM - recherche en Archéologie (A 118)
Our Mazier campus also offers our students a library.
We endeavor to support our students as much as possible with:
- group work rooms (some of which are equipped with boards, screens or video projectors to facilitate collaborative work and the preparation of presentations), which can be booked online or with onsite (see here for more information/make a reservation),
- personalized support according to your needs, in the library areas, by appointment, in the form of workshops or by answering your questions, online or on onsite,
- educational support in the Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral programmes,
- an interlibrary loan service open to all students, Monday through Friday,
- personalized services for distance learning students or students with disabilities,
- a dropbox allowing the return of documents when the library is closed (except holidays),
- a team of instructors ready to help you or come to your aid in the event of technical problems,
- various services: photocopies, printing (including 100 free black & white copies after activation of your university card), binder and stapler, and wifi access.
Learn, explore and relax
The libraries provide you with thousands of books and journals on the university's disciplinary fields. You will also find maps, musical scores, dissertations and theses.
BU Rennes 2 also offers spaces to relax and make discoveries. You will find several relaxation areas in the Central BU, a cafeteria area on the ground floor for meals and vending machines available for a quick snack.
You are free to discover no less than 10,000 DVDs (films, TV series, documentaries, etc.) offered by the Media Library (building L) on loan or for viewing onsite.
The music library (building O) has numerous CD players and turntables (with headphones available for loan) as well as a digital piano for working with scores from the library or from your personal collection.
Join us for cultural and scientific activities:
- grab a PUR coffee, participate in events, round tables and exhibitions
Access the library directly from your home!
University libraries offer a wide selection of online resources: journals, specialized tools and ebooks, theses and dissertations, collections of digitized works, streaming and downloadable films via the digital media library... But also online services: suggested purchases, loan extensions, the possibility to ask a question...
Library Access on Sundays: Rennes 2 students have access to the Rennes 1 University Library (La Borderie) located in downtown Rennes.