Throughout the year, we organize many events to raise awareness of sustainable development amongst students and staff.
Our university is also involved in many programs/partnerships in order to allow its community to benefit from advantageous rates for its different modes of transportation: bus, metro, bicycle, etc...
Campus week - September
During the campus week, several stands are set up to inform students and present the resources available to them on campus: the city, Rennes Métropole, is also present to explain selective waste sorting, free grocery store, recycling center, and more.
Mobility Day - September
Every year, in September, many free activities are offered to students and staff as part of Mobility Day:
- STAFF BIKE-BUS: Staff are invited to come to work by bike and spend a friendly moment with colleagues. Breakfast is provided.
- BICYCLE FAIR: People who wish to do so can drop off their bikes to be sold, or come and buy a second-hand bike.
- ANTI-THEFT CODE ENGRAVING: Possibility of having your bike engraved to make it easier to find in case of theft and to dissuade the ill-intentioned.
- BICYCLE REPAIR WORKSHOP: The Ar Vuhez student association provides tools and advice on bike maintenance and repair.
- STAR, SNCF, BREIZH GO: information stands on transport (bus, metro, train), creation of Korrigo cards, purchase of subscriptions, electric bike trials, carpooling information...
- CITIZ Rennes Métropole: A stand to discover the car-sharing offer in Rennes. The staff of Rennes 2, can then benefit from a discount on the subscription.
Staff bike maintenance session - February
This service is reserved for the staff of the University Rennes 2 who come to work by bike. The university pays for the repairer's travel and labor, as well as small parts.
Sustainable Development Week - March
This event, labeled "Agir ensemble", aims to highlight and encourage numerous initiatives to promote sustainable development and raise awareness among students and the entire higher education community in Rennes to adopt eco-responsible behavior.
There are about 30 events on the program, free and open to all, proposed in a mostly digital format (due to the health context): conferences, round tables, DIY workshops, screenings, quizzes ... covering many topics such as climate, waste, energy, social economy, food ...