Individual (or Non-Exchange) Students

You are here :
Contenu sous forme de paragraphes

Procedures for Individual Students:  1st year students of Licence (Bachelor's degree) & DEUST Programs

Contenu du texte déplié

1. Applicants with a European nationality (including Switzerland, Andorra and Monaco):

European degree-seeking students (not part of an exchange program) should follow the same application procedures as French students and apply via the Parcoursup platform. Guidelines and important dates are also provided (in English) on the Campus France website.

Applicants from non-French speaking countries will also need to provide proof of a language certificate stating their proficiency at a  B2 level.  Students living far from Rennes and who need to pass the TCF for DAP (language test), can complete the procedure from a university close to their place of residence; that university will then forward the file to Rennes 2.

Contenu du texte déplié

2. Citizens from outside the EU residing in France (DAP green file):

To apply for the next school year,  candidates from countries outside of the EU but who reside in France will need to download and complete the 'dossier vert' (green file) of the D.A.P. This form is a prerequisite to registration for the first year of a Licence (similar to a Bachelor’s degree program). It should be completed between mid-November and mi-January (with a final submission deadline by 22 January). This procedure concerns international applicants who have graduated with foreign qualifications and do not fall under the special cases category.

The DAP green file can be  be downloaded from the Ministry’s website.

Applicants living far from Rennes and who need to pass the TCF for DAP (language test), can complete the procedure from a university close to their place of residence; that university will then forward the file to Rennes 2.

Special cases include: political refugee, stateless person, asylum seeker; child of a diplomat based in France; French Government fellowship holder.
Contenu du texte déplié

3. Non-EU applicants, not residing in France (Dossier blanc - White file):

Non-EU applicants, and who are not from countries affected by the Study in France procedure (see above), must go through the Campus France procedure (please see their website) or the Cultural Services Office of a French embassy (in case there is no specific Campus France office). The admissions request must be received by Campus France towards the end of January (see website for the specific date).

Nationals from countries that do not have a Campus France office can also download the white file from the Ministry of Education’s website.

Contenu du texte déplié

4. Countries affected by the 'Studying in France' Procedure

Students from the following countries will need to contact a Campus France Office in order to submit their application. A single online procedure exists for these applications. The countries included are: 

Algeria - Argentina - Benin - Brazil - Burkina Faso - Cameroon - Chile - China - Colombia - Comoros - DR Congo - Congo Brazzaville - Djibouti - South Korea - Ivory Coast - Egypt - United States of America - Gabon - Guinea - India - Indonesia - Iran - Japan - Kuwait - Lebanon - Madagascar - Mali - Morocco - Mauritius - Mauritania - Mexico - Peru - Russia -Senegal - Singapore - Syria - Taiwan - Togo - Tunisia - Turkey - Vietnam.

Please note that this procedure is necessary in order to obtain a French visa.


Students pursuing 2nd & 3rd year of Bachelor's Degree, or 1st or 2nd year of Master's Degree, or DEUST 2nd & 3rd year, or Professionally-Oriented Bachelor's Degrees

Applications for these levels must be filled out online via a Campus France Office, (if this service exists in the country of residence), or directly, at the website  e-candidate Rennes 2.

NB: The applicant must still prove that they have achieved at least a B2 level in French in their application process by providing a French Language Certificate (TCF, DELF, DALF). Otherwise, a semester or even a year of French language refresher courses is recommended (see the CIREFE website).


Titre de l'encadré
Do you have a French language competence certificate?

Non-French-speaking applicants, or those who do not hold a B2 level French language competence certificate, must take a language test (TCF for DAP), organized by Rennes 2 University. This test costs around €70 and takes place in February.  In case of unforeseen and duly justified difficulties, two replacement sessions are programmed in March in Paris.

Candidates residing outside France should take the test in their country. For more info, see the CIEP website.

Interested in taking French language courses while staying in Rennes?  Courses are available at the  International Centre for the Study of French - the CIREFE.