Doctoral Programs at Rennes 2 University
A doctorate degree is prepared in an accredited doctoral school (ED), which is the French equivalent of a graduate school but exclusively at the PhD level. Undertaken within a recognized research unit following a national evaluation, under the responsibility of a thesis supervisor attached to that school, or two supervisors (especially for co-tutelles). Doctoral enrollment is pronounced by the head of the university on the proposal of the director of the school, director of the research unit and ED Council.
Doctoral Schools (EDs)
Rennes 2 University heads the Doctoral School for Arts, Literature and Languages (ALL); and co-heads the Schools of Societies, Time, Territories (STT) and Education, Language, Interactions, Cognition, Clinic (ELICC). Three other Schools are able to host PhD students from Rennes 2: Marine and Littoral Sciences (SML), Mathematics, Information and Communication Sciences and Technologies (MATHSTIC) and Biology, Health (BS).
- ED Arts, Letters, Languages (ALL)
- ED Mathematics, Information and Communication Sciences and Technologies (MATHSTIC)
- ED Education, Language, Interactions, Cognition, Clinic (ELICC)
- ED Marine and Coastal Sciences (SML)
- ED Societies, Time, Territories (STT) ED Biology, Health (BS)
- ED Law and Political Science (DSP)