Admissions Guide

You are here :
Contenu sous forme de paragraphes

Overview of Admissions Procedures

Exchange students, including those participating in the ERASMUS program, must complete their registration with the International Office of Rennes 2 University. For more information, see the section for Exchange Students.

CIREFE students should complete their registration with the CIREFE at Rennes 2 University. See the CIREFE website for more information on program options and pricing.

Individual students (international students pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, and who are not part of an exchange program) should follow instructions as listed in the following section. Procedures will vary depending on one’s nationality and other criteria.

PhD students must contact Rennes 2 University before their departure, as the procedures for registration are different depending on their residency status and the duration of their stay.



Find out if you will require a visa in order to study in France

Students from some countries will need to contact a Campus France Office in order to submit their application. A single online procedure exists for these applications. Read more here.

Since April 17, 2021, international students can apply for an online visa on France-Visas. The new service is accessible to students applying for a long stay visa living in a country where visa application is outsourced and available online.  Through the service, students can submit digital copies of their supporting document during completion of their online visa application. This service helps accelerate the transfer to the outsourced service provider.  Find out more information on the Campus France website. 

Once you've begun your studies in France, you should also be aware of this important information about residence permit renewals.




All students hosted at Rennes 2 will receive a certificate of schooling, Internet access credentials and the "Student Life" card which gives them access to the university restaurant and the library.


*All applicants accepted by the University must provide proof of high school graduation and/or a successful university entrance exam from his/her country at the time of registration.