Visas and Titres de Séjours

You are here :
Contenu sous forme de paragraphes

Apply for a student visa through Campus France

Non-EU citizens who want to study in France must be granted a long stay visa with the "Student" ("Etudiant") label mentioned (provided by Consulates of France).

Campus France  is a service of the French Embassy that promotes studying in France to students and institutions around the world. It serves as a one-stop service for international students who have various questions about studying in France. They also manage the deliverance of visas for students from a number of countries.

If you reside in one of the below countries, you will need to follow the 'Studying in France' Procedures via Campus France:

Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Tchad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.  

Students from these countries will need to contact a Campus France Office in order to submit their application to Rennes 2. A single online procedure exists for these applications.

This procedure applies to both students in exchange programs and individual students who are looking to enroll in a full degree program at Rennes 2. If you do require a visa, please plan ahead, as the process can be lengthy.

Since April 17, 2021, international students can apply for an online visa on France-Visas. The new service is accessible to students applying for a long stay visa living in a country where visa application is outsourced and available online. Through the service, students can submit digital copies of their supporting document during completion of their online visa application. This service helps accelerate the transfer to the outsourced service provider.  Find out more information on the Campus France website. 

Validating Long-Stay Visas (VLS/TS)

Once you have been admitted to Rennes 2, the Centre de Mobilité Internationale (CMI) can help to validate student long-stay visas (visa long séjour valant titre de séjour) (VLS/TS). Once your visa has been issued to you by a Campus France office in your home country (prior to arrival in France), students must then have their visa validated by the OFII (Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration) within 3 months of arriving in France. This procedure can be carried out at the special help desk at the CMI Rennes,  offered during the first semester of each academic year in i, dpwntown Rennes. A "tire de séjour" application help desk service has also been set up with the Ille-et-Vilaine prefecture, you can contact them by emailing: cmi [at] (cmi[at]univ-rennes2[dot]fr).


Please also see this important information form the CMI Rennes about renewals of residence permits.